Thursday, November 25, 2010

happy thanksgiving.

happy thanksgiving to all!  



is it just me, or does turkey have a slightly terrified look in his eyes?
so it is the time of year where we, by the very nature of the holiday's name, give thanks.

this year, more than most, i'm thankful for my family and friends.  in a year filled with chaos and change, my family and friends have been there for me.  

i'm thankful for the ability to consider viewpoints other than my own without judgment.  so many people view the world as black and white, my way or the highway.  i see it in shades of grey--my way, but also others.  i'm thankful that i was given the ability to see the world this way.

i'm thankful for the written word.  books are my life, my lifeblood.  without them, i would have no career, no hobby, no beauty and peace.

i'm thankful that i haven't had to endure any pilgrim/indian discussions this year, thereby causing me to jump on my soapbox.  i think the rest of the world is thankful for that, too.

what are you thankful for this year?

No comments: